Inside the 2030 Office: 11 Technologies & Innovations that will Define the Next Generation of Office Design
What does the future hold for office design?
Experts predict that by 2030 offices will need to accommodate a new workforce made up of digital nomads who, rather than being tied to a physical workplace, will move freely between remote work stations and numerous physical offices. In addition, new solutions such as IoT, wearables, voice controlled devices, ambient intelligence and more will dramatically change the way we work.
In this overview of the 2030 office, we look at the top 11 solutions, trends and innovations expected to dramatically change office design. Key questions we ask in this report are:
- What does the next generation of workers need and want from their workplaces?
- How will disruptive technologies such as artificial intelligence impact the way we work and the spaces we work in?
- Where is sustainable design headed and why will it be a priority over the next decade?
- What new office architecture & design tools are on the horizon and how will they change your life for the better?
- What do you need to do to prepare for the next wave of the digital revolution?
Take a look at this Future Offices Winter Sponsorship Prospectus to see the demographic breakdown of our audience, speaking faculty, available thought leadership opportunities, sponsorship oportunities and more. Contact Max.Miller@iqpc.com for additional information.
The open office layout is having a PR crisis. Over the past few years, dozens if not hundreds of articles have been published everywhere from the Fast Company to Buzzfeed to the Washington Post trashing the open office layout.
But are open layout offices really the root of all negative workplace behavior? Furthermore, are there instances where open office floorplans have lived up to their initial promise of improved productivity, collaboration and innovation? In an effort to learn more, we sat down with our speakers from Simple Finance, Robin, & Chapman University to discuss:
- What separates open-office layout successes from failures? Are there any predictors of success?
- What key considerations should office designers make before they move to an open floor plan especially when it comes to cultural readiness?
- In what ways do open-offices live up to the hype? What are the real potential downfalls workplace designers should be aware of?
Includes perspectives from 4 Future Offices 2019 Speakers:
- Michelle Samura, Ph.D., Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education, Chapman University
- Tia Black, Workplace Experience Lead, Simple Finance
- Sarah Drew, Director, Workplace Experience, Simple Finance
- Sam Dunn, CEO and Co-Founder, Robin